Corona virus

Forums Members’ Forum Corona virus

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Pam,
    At least its some clarity which is what we were looking for, the priority of course is to ensure we are all safe to practice with all of the required PPE in place, but that said, I already have all of that organised, therefore I’m aiming to start as soon as next week with a plan to organise my diary this week and speak to all patients. I’m nervous but fingers crossed it will go ok, and as you said before will soon become second nature.
    good luck for your return
    kind regards
    Angela.

Hi Angela,
    That’s great to hear you’re starting next week; hope all goes well for you and if you get the time please let me know how it went!
    Best of luck
    Pam

Hi Brenda you were messaging about card payments.
    I use izettle very efficient receipts are either text email or you have to hand write one or you can buy a printer. If you look on izettle website they do a Star SM-L200 printer. I bought this one and have to say its brilliant running on a rechargeable battery and Bluetooth connection to your smartphone izettle app. It is expensive but I found a company online called Storekit that was cheaper and the printer rolls were £8 for 20 not £32 as on the izettle website. In actual fact they are the same size as standard card machine paper rolls. Ive bought this for post COVID return to work as it will be much quicker than hand writing a receipt. Ive had izettle a couple of years and would never go back to streamline or some of the larger providers again.

Hope this information is useful

Regarding return to work post-COVID lots of online comments on other forums about increase in fees based on the cost of PPE and the increased time to sanitize/disinfect between patients will reduce the number of patients we can treat. After doing some number crunching it would appear to me that to maintain my current professional fee ie my hourly wage I would have to increase my fees by £15 per patient to take into account the massive increase in PPE and lost time. Has anyone else come to realise this?
    Had an interesting chat with another local pod who wants to increase fees too but thinks that £15 is too much even though its going to cost her that. Some pods have already increased fees by £10-£15 on start back to work. What concerns me is we have many FHP’s in our area doing purely doms. I know the IOCP support FHP’s here the same as podiatrists and hopefully they will be looking into the fee situation themselves but the ones in our area are with other ‘supporting bodies’ and I can find no information that actually shows any guidance for the said FHP’s. Given that our profession has regularly had the reputation of “the poor relation” in the medical profession it worries me that their fees wont take into account the current situation and podiatrists with clinics are going to suffer with the increased costs and lose out to those not increasing their fees.
    Other professions I have notice have increased their fees significantly ie physios, chiropractors and osteopaths.

Im really at a loss as to what to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.