GDPR

Forums Members’ Forum GDPR

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How’s everyone getting on with GDPR, I have no clue!

I’m really disappointed that the Institute hasn’t given us any assistance with this. From what I have read we don’t have to register or pay? I thought it was just a case of producing a privacy policy to inform clients about what data we hold, what we do with it, how it’s stored etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could do with a generic privacy policy from the institute maybe?

Admin IOCP

Hi all,
    We are sorry to hear that you feel that the Institute are not helping members with GDPR. We have included a link and information in both the Podiatry Review journal, the monthly email newsletter and on our website and have been answering lots of questions from members who have phoned the office.

Our Privacy Policy is here https://iop-uk.org/privacy-policy/ on the website and you are welcome to use wording from this if it is of help for your practice. As each practice is different for our members there is not a generic privacy policy to use at the moment.

We are hoping to have an article in the next issue of the journal from a member already going through GDPR and their thoughts.

The website we have been suggesting for further reading and information is here https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/business/

If you have any questions about GDPR after reading the link please email pauline@iop-uk.org who is our GDPR Officer or telephone our office on 01704 546141.

It is recommended that you register with the ICO if you keep paper records as you do with digital records, it is a good idea to get the consent from a patient as to what format that you communicate with them, for example email, text etc. Although you have an ongoing relationship already with patients that you regularly see. All records must be kept in a locked cabinet which only you have access to.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the information Julie, is it a recommendation or a requirement to register with ICO?

Rita-Hallam CH19497
    Participant

Hi Suzanne,
    Did you get an answer to this question? I haven’t registered with the ICO either. I would like to know if it is a legal requirement also.

It would be great if anyone has Chiropodist /Podiatrist specific info they are happy to share. The guidelines are very broad and leave you to make yoyr own decisions about what applies to you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In general there is still some confusion about GDPR and how it applies to us. This was in no small way due to misleading information put out by a certain (other) Podiatry professional organisation earlier in the year. Facebook was full of it, and it spread from there.

It would seem that as long as you follow the advice from your own professional body (in this case the IOCP) you are safe. The data protection people are not concerned with small businesses particularly, but you must follow your own organisation’s advice in order to comply with Personal Indemnity insurance requirements. If you do not insure with the ICOP (I don’t) then you must follow the advice of whoever you do insure with.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Rita, no I didn’t get an answer however I see there is some guidance in the last post, thanks M1954 ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Happy to help if I can.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.